TyWheel Fly Tying Innovations- At TyWheel, they aimed to introduce innovation to the fly tying industry. Tying flies is both and art form and a science. It takes a special kind of person to understand and imitate the biological and ecological aspects of the streams. They understand that fly fishing, as well as fly tying, are steeped in rich traditions of stewardship. At the root of these values stands an inevitable truth- simplicity. The dudes at TyWheel appreciate the simple things of life, which is the driving force behind TyWheel and the reason they have brought you this exciting new product.
For many of us, the season starts in our living rooms, dining rooms, or on office desks. Once you've caught "the bug" the only thing to do is to start tying them; wherever that may be. While few things are more satisfying than landing a fish on a fly that you have tied, the process of tying takes patience, organization, and the proper tools. The TyWheel provides a magnetic work surface that puts your tools, hooks, and materials conveniently in front of you. In addition, modular attachments make your work station customizable to your specific needs. Your vise is instantly converted into a portable fly tying machine you can easily stow and take with you on your trip to the river.
The Starter Set includes the following: This Set includes the most popular attachments, the Tool and Shallow Tray attachments, to get you started. You'll have room for two more attachments down the road. NOTE: fits vise shafts up to 3/8", custom orders available.
The Independent Naked Wheel includes the following: The WHEEL is great for storing tools, tying materials, and finished flies. This surface is magnetically charged due to a precise layout of magnets within the product surface which allows you as the tyer to slap your essential metal (ferrous) tools to the top or bottom side of the wheel for convenient easy to find storage. NO MORE MINING THROUGH THE MESS IN SEARCH OF YOUR SCISSORS! NOTE: fits vise shafts up to 3/8", custom orders available.
Installation of the TyWheel:
- Remove your vise from the pedestal base or c-clamp currently used
- Place one of the shaft collars onto the shaft of your vise. This shaft collar (installed above the wheel) will provide tension and stability for the wheel
- Insert the shaft of your vise through the hole of The Wheel
- Optional - Place the second shaft collar onto the shaft of your vise (below The Wheel). This shaft collar provides the ability to adjust the height of the TyWheel
- Place the full assembly back onto your pedestal base or c-clamp
- All other attachments simply snap into place - customize to suit your needs