Dont know what to get your fishing loved one? Treat him/her to a day of solitude and the opportunity to catch a trout of a lifetime. Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Service, Dave Hise. Dave was voted as one of the finalist for the Orvis Endorsed Guide of the Year for 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Guided Private Stream Fly Fishing Trips- Virginia
Roughly two to three hours to the north of Hickory, North Carolina, in the secluded hills of southwestern Virginia, are numerous stretches of private water (close to 15 miles of access on 6 streams) that hold some of the largest and feistiest rainbow trout found anywhere. Double digit rainbows (up to 15 lbs.) are commonly seen and sometimes hooked (the operative word is hooked) in these trophy streams. Fish in the 16 to 20 inch class are more than plentiful and fish between 20 and 26 inches are caught with regularity. These fish aren't fed trout pellets; so, they are in tune with the "natural" environment just as a "wild" brown in a river in New Zealand would be. The best thing is, you dont have to travel to such exotic places to find them. Anglers will have the opportunity to swing or strip streamers, indicator or high stick nymph, and even toss dry flies on some occasions. Join our Orvis Endorsed Guide Service for a day of guaranteed solitude and a chance to land the fish of a lifetime. Give it a try; you'll wonder how and when you can return. Purchase a trip today and we'll make arrangements later.
Rates for Guide Service
* 3 anglers $625.00 per day.
* 2 anglers $525.00 per day.
* 1 angler $400.00 per day.
* Riverbound daily rod fees have been applied to these rates.
* There are several houses available on various properties. Rates are variable, please call for details.
* Fees include guided fishing, flies, appropriate terminal tackle, rods/reel combos (if needed) and lunch.
* There are opportunities for all skill levels. Beginner to advanced anglers are welcome.
* 9"-11" 5-6wt fly rods (or we supply the outfits)
* Reels with powerful drags
* Change of britches (after you see what you're about to see)