Abel Automatics Super Series Fly Reels
* 2010 marks the 11th year Abel has made Large Arbor Super Series Reels.
* Reel frame, spool, drag knob and foot are 6061-T651 cold finished aerospace grade aluminum.
* Teflon sealed bearings are ISO9001:2000 and AS9100 Certified FAA TSO C149 Aircraft Bearings.
* Cork Drag System is made entirely in our factory. We use a superior high grade Portuguese cork with a little neats-foot oil on it.
* Double Pawl System: Super Series reel sizes 6 and larger are built with our recently upgraded double pawl system. Advantages include: increased reliability, back-up strength and unique sound.
* FlexABELity: Interchange both Large Arbor and Standard Arbor spools.
* Made in the USA. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery on most finishes on these Abel Automatics Super Series Fly Reels.
FlexABELity = System designed to interchange both Large and Standard Arbor spools into the indentical frame. Every frame in the Super Series, Anti-Reverse Series and Abel Creek Series now accepts both Large and Standard Arbor spools.
FlexABELity sets may be purchased at significant savings compared to the same reel and spool purchased separately.
The images for the Fish Graphic finishes are shown in the sequence in which they are listed within the color dropdown section at the bottom of the page; except there are no images for Von Behr, Steelhead, Marlin, Atlantic Salmon, Bluefin Tuna, Carp, and Roosterfish. Additional finishes are available upon special request. Please allow 4 weeks to 6 weeks for delivery.
Click link to Design Your Own Reel. Call us if you want something different than the standard options. Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery on some models.